I remember me and my sis used to talk about what kind of man I should end up with. She said I should end up with a doctor (due to my frequent visit in the hospital then). A couple of years ago, I had stress issues and it took toll on my health so I was constantly ill. But seriously, if you are a doctor, would you want to have a partner who is not as healthy as you are? Would you marry a “lifetime patient”? But if I can choose the profession of the guy I would want to date or end up with, these are probably my preferences:
- A Traveler (by profession) – because I love to travel. I want him to drag me along anywhere with our backpacks and go taste some adventure together. I would love to explore the world with him.
- A Chef – because I can’t cook. The most technical dish that I can cook is Adobo. (yes, technical na iyon for me haha!) It’s not that I don’t have any talent in cooking. It’s just that I am rather lazy to hold cooking utensils and dead animal meat and slice veggies and stuff. And for some reason my memory refuses to store recipes. So, if I try to cook anything today, I will surely forget how I did that tomorrow. So, I need someone to cook for me and for himself. Hahaha!
- A Psychologist/Psychiatrist – because I have anxiety issues. And he knows how to handle my psychological issues so I think he will make me feel better or possibly make a treatment plan for me. (Yes, I might be needing a shrink all along)
- An Architect – because I have dreamed to be an architect. So, if I end up with one, I might feel as if I have also accomplished my dream profession. I think it would be fun to help him out in putting up miniature building/structure/house for some of his projects… and maybe build a miniature house for our dream house together? haha!
- A Nutritionist – because I am malnourished. haha! I eat non-nutritious, belly-fattening foods. So, maybe I need someone who would take away my junk foods and influence me to eat healthy foods.
- A Health/fitness conscious/instructor – Again, someone who would influence me to stay fit. Because I am rather lazy to move my butt off my swivel chair and do some exercise. A jogging partner sounds pretty nice, too.
- A Professional Photographer – because I love taking photos, too. And I always wish to travel with someone who take incredibly good photos so I will have plenty of good photos myself 😀
- A Veterinarian – because I like dogs, and cats, too. I like animals, in general, even the most dangerous ones. I find them all cute. They say vets are caring people with lots of patience and I need that (the caring and the patience lol). Plus, dating a vet means a free checkup and groom for Jacko. lol.
- An Astronomer – because I love gazing at the stars and I am always so curious about the universe and the heavenly bodies. It would be fun to date an astronomer because he would let me take a peek in his professional telescope to see how awesome the sky is… with him.
Okay. I think I did spill a lot of my weaknesses here and you might think all I aim to look for is a meal ticket or a free ride. But hey, let me tell you how these guys would also benefit if they date a writer (or in that case, me):
- Well, by dating a writer, you will… well, uhmm……..
- So, yeah… hmmmm… *tapping the tip of my pen on my desk repeatedly while staring up the ceiling*………
- Uhmmm, probably… hmmm………
Well, I think I need time to think about this. hahahaha!
Meanwhile, let me get some help from the Internet. Maybe after reading these reasons why you should date a writer, you would come to me, get down on your knees and beg me to date you! HAHAHAHAHA.
Why Date A Writer.
1. Writers will romance you with words. We probably won’t. We write for ourselves or for money and by the time we’re done we’re sick of it. If we have to write you something there’s a good chance it’ll take us two days and we’ll be really snippy and grumpy about the process.
2. Writers will write about you. You don’t want this. Trust me.
3. Writers will take you to interesting events. No. We will not. We are busy writing. Leave us alone about these “interesting events.” I know one person who dates a terrific writer. He goes out alone. She is busy writing.
4. Writers will remind you that money doesn’t matter so much. Yes. We will do this by borrowing money from you. Constantly.
5. Writers will acknowledge you and dedicate things to you. A better way to ensure this would be to become an agent. That way you’d actually make money off of talking people through their neuroses.
6. Writers will offer you an interesting perspective on things. Yes. Constantly. While you’re trying to watch TV or take a shower. You will have to listen to observations all day long, in addition to being asked to read the observations we wrote about when you were at work and unavailable for bothering. It will be almost as annoying as dating a stand-up comedian, except if you don’t find these observations scintillating we will think you’re dumb, instead of uptight.
7. Writers are smart. The moment you realize this is not true, your relationship with a writer will develop a significant problem.
8. Writers are really passionate. About writing. Not necessarily about you. Are you writing?
9. Writers can think through their feelings. So don’t start an argument unless you’re ready for a very, very lengthy explication of our position, our feelings about your position, and what scenes from our recent fiction the whole thing is reminding us of.
10. Writers enjoy their solitude. So get lost, will you?
11. Writers are creative. This is why we have such good reasons why you should lend us $300 and/or leave us alone, we’re writing.
12. Writers wear their hearts on their sleeves. Serious advice: if you meet a writer who’s actually demonstrative, be careful.
13. Writers will teach you cool new words. This is possibly true! We may also expect you to remember them, correct your grammar, and look pained after reading mundane notes you’ve left for us.
14. Writers may be able to adjust their schedules for you. Writers may be able to adjust their schedules for writing. Are you writing? Get in line, then.
15. Writers can find 1000 ways to tell you why they like you. By the 108th you’ll be pretty sure we’re just making them up for fun.
16. Writers communicate in a bunch of different ways. But mostly writing. Hope you don’t like talking on the phone — that shit is rough.
17. Writers can work from anywhere. So you might want to pass on that tandem bike rental when you’re on vacation.
18. Writers are surrounded by interesting people. Every last one of whom is imaginary.
19. Writers are easy to buy gifts for. This is true. Keep it in mind when your birthday rolls around, okay?
20. Writers are sexy. No argument. Some people think this about heroin addicts, too.